Happy New Year, folks!
I’m gonna keep this quick because there’s a huge storm here in New Hampshire, and I’m not sure if our power is going to get knocked out. As is customary when a new year rolls around, Aiden and I talk about what we’ve accomplished in the past year and what we want to accomplish in the coming year. This past year, we have:
- Dedicated ourselves to keeping up this blog!
- Worked on fleshing out our characters for the “Prism” story and figuring out the big plot threads
- Started creating and posting episodes of our story podcast, “Lulach Beryl: Magical Intern”, which you can start listening to right over here!
- Tried our hand at food vlogging in Portland and had a lot of fun, but sadly decided we don’t have the time for it at this moment.
Individually, I have had a couple really successful freelance art jobs that I learned a lot from and thoroughly enjoyed! Aiden has been reading various books on storytelling and writing, and it’s definitely shown in his writing. I’m so excited for you all to hear the episodes of Lulach that he’s been writing lately, they’re awesome!
We have big plans for Something Brewing Press in 2018! Both for the blog and for us as creators. Some things we’re going to try:
- We’re going to have a better focus for the blog – Aiden will write about stories he’s been influenced by in books, video games, movies, etc. and how they helped him grow as a writer, and I’ll be doing the same with print comics and webcomics!
- We’re going to get more episodes of Lulach Beryl published!
- I’m going to do more freelance art jobs and enter some writing and comics contests!
- We’re going to get the master outline for “Prism” finished! Aiden will start writing the story itself, and I will hammer out finalized character designs.
- We’re going to try a different sort of vlog! More on that later, when we’ve started working on it more concretely~
- I have a couple nonfiction comics projects I’m going to be launching, and I’m going to continue working on developing my slice-of-life comic “Maisie’s Diner”!
We’ve got big things a-brewing (see where we got our name? eh? eh?) and we’re so excited to share it with all of you!
What are some things you’re proud you accomplished last year? What are some things you’re working on this year?
Stay safe and warm!